Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nap Time = HOPE

I think I’m going stir crazy! We've had snow and more snow and the past 2 days we’ve all been stuck in the house. No school too…which means tons of attitude and “why not” questions coming from the 5 year old in the family. I’ve made the best of it but it has not all been pretty! I read my friend’s blogs who are all amazing moms and I strive to be just the same. But then there are days like today when you’re playing the Memory game and putting your hundredth puzzle together and it all goes bad. Suddenly you’ve decided that there is a right and a wrong way to play Memory and Chutes & Ladders…ummm, with a 3 and a 5 yr old, think again. They don’t care that you only go down the slide and up the ladder. They don’t care whether you actually finish the puzzle you’re working on before going on to the next. So why do I? We made snow angels in the front yard today. And then I attempted to shovel the driveway. Why? It’s covered again…just like the living room floor is. Sometimes my attempt at being ‘amazing’ is met with adversity and a bad mommy attitude. Today is one of those days. However, it’s nap time. Which equals HOPE!

**UPDATE** Nap time did wonders and the wind stopped long enough to play in the back for a while. See attached photos and video clip! :)




3 comments:

Nick and Angie said...

You're an amazing Mommy!!!

katieanne said...

You crack me up! Way to be honest! I was laughing so hard at the puzzle part - Ethan has just learned how and I was so excited at first, but now..... again, and again, and again, and I am so tired of finding "elmo's bottom" that I could scream! Hope you get out tomorrow- thanks for the giggles!

jsake1 said...

Very cute Video. Your being a great mom and we ALL have days like that! So don't fret. They grow so fast enjoy the crazy times when you get them. Don't forget to take mommy time too!