Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Small-Town Doctors...no thanks!

December is moving right along. I can’t believe next week is Christmas already! The boys and I have all been battling a cold since last week. Cough, sore throat, fevers…just another day in the midst of cold and flu season, right? It did give us an excuse to meet the dr that I tentatively chose while still in CA. Needless to say…we will NOT being sticking with her! During our visit, I was asking her about the closest children’s hospital, she was quick to answer that it was too far for her to drive to do rounds so she won’t admit there. Ummm, okay. As if that wasn’t enough, she then asked me if Logan had any respiratory issues. (Apparently she didn’t even glance at the sheet that the office gave me to fill out, let along the 100 pages I gave them previously to review!) I answered ‘yes’ of course and told her that he usually takes Albuterol when his cough becomes wheezy, etc. She decided to go ahead and “give that a try” and while taking out her Rx pad then asked me what dose she should prescribe for him. What!? She gave me a couple to choose from and I told her I wasn’t comfortable guessing. She then stood up and asked me to go through his chart and find his previous dose and that she would be back. Luckily her nurse (which seemed more qualified to care for my child than the dr was) had the idea to call Walgreens and ask what his previous Rx was and then ordered more based on that. Okay, thank you for your time. (NOT!) She wanted me to make appts with her every 3 months so that she can get to know us. Yeah right!! I quickly paid my copay and ran, not walked to the car with the kids. Dr. Warden…can you make house calls to Indiana…PLEASE??

4 comments:

Nick and Angie said...

Oh my goodness! You are kidding! I can't believe some off the people they give degrees to and hire these days in our healthare systems.... sheesh!

katieanne said...

That is a nightmare- did you keep expecting Ashton Kutcher to jump out and say you were punked? It's a bad SNL skit....

jsake1 said...

OH MY! I think I would report her somewhere!!! That is auful! I hope you find someone that is more qualified! Good luck on finding a GOOD Dr!

Nichole said...

HOLY CRAP
That is INSANE. Please tell me you reported her to your insurance. "She just likes to write perscriptions for whatever I ask for" GEESH! How scarey!