Friday, May 1, 2009

A Visit From God

Logan amazes me and scares me all at the same time. I was washing the dishes the other day (April 29th to be exact) and he came into the kitchen. This conversation followed:

Logan: You missed Him.
Me: Who?
L: God.
Me: God was here…in our house?
L: Yep, you missed Him.
Me: Well nuts, I would’ve liked to say hello to Him!
L: He didn’t come here to see you Mom…He came to see me.
Me: What for?
L: He came to tell me that Jesus loves me.
(I played along and baited him a little…)
Me: How do you know Jesus loves you?
L: (slightly irritated at the stupidity of my question) Because He told me!...and the Bible tells me so! He also told me to get ready.
Me: For what?
L: Because I’m going to Heaven in 100 days.
Me: Oh! How exciting!
L: (very matter-of-factly) It really is Mom.
Me: Are you going by yourself? (I was worried a little.)
L: No-you and Daddy, Lukas, all my grandmas and grandpas and their moms and dads are coming with me.
Me: Awesome.
L: So what’s for lunch Mom?

4 comments:

allison said...

That is sweet, but you're right scary at the same time...at least he's not going alone, everyone he loves is going too:)

Andrea said...

That is a little scary Amber! But Jesus says that we should always be ready because we never know when He is coming. So I'm gonna get ready! Tell Logan thanks for the warning!

my life: said...

I'm coming too!!!! :0)

Gina and the Gang said...

Oh my goodness Amber! That is not only the most amazing thing I've heard in awhile, but as you stated, quite unnerving. If he was told the truth, then thankfully you will continue as a family. If it was just a little boy being a "little boy", the let's cherish how much he is aware of how special he is!!!