Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Flu!

How I got the flu in such awesome weather is beyond me! But boy did I ever have it! And I’m so bummed of the timing of this illness as well. Because my friend Gretchen had her baby girl on Wednesday…the tremendous event of which I was suppose to photograph for them! (Ugh!) And I’m missing my support group meeting tonight where there will be a representative from Make A Wish and the ever-helpful Siri Baland from Sutter Memorial’s Child Life program. Two great things that I missed being present for this week.

However, I was present (sort of) to witness my husband coming to my rescue and calling in sick to take care of the boys for the day on Tuesday. He was able to get them dressed, fed, Luke off to school, get my oil changed in the car, purchase weed killer and fertilizer and then actually USE it on the lawns, bought me a book to read, picked up Luke, feed them again and then put them down for a nap. After just the morning “chores” he promptly came into the bedroom and put his hands down on the footboard of our bed and said he would never be able to be a stay-at-home parent because…”he’s going crazy!”

YES! Vindication!

3 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

We missed you tonight! I hope you are feeling better.

Gina

Lindsay said...

Bummer, the flu! Hope you feel better soon. Don't you just love it when the husbands come to the realization of what a mother goes through all of the time! Hopefully I will see you at the next meeting!

Andrea said...

We missed you Amber! I hope you're feeling better and that your husband has a new appreciation for all you do!